Rain Wipes Out 360 OTC World of Outlaws Late Model Series Opener
Time trials for the evening’s 90-car field were completed and heat-race lineups had just been posted when the rain arrived. The half-mile oval quickly became too slick for competition, prompting officials to send the first scheduled Advance Auto Parts Super DIRT Series big-block Modified heat to the pit area.
Officials kept the program under a rain delay until deciding that the track surface had become too wet to swiftly reclaim. They announced that the tour’s scheduled lidlifter was washed out and would not be rescheduled.
A complete new program of 360 OTC WoO LMS action will be run as scheduled on Sat., Feb. 17. The 50-lap, $10,000-to-win event will now both open the tour’s 2007 season and bring down the curtain on the Florida DIRTcar Nationals.
“The rain that moved in created an unfortunate situation,” said Bret Emrick, the 360 OTC WoO LMS Race Director. “The track crew did their best, but when Mother Nature intervenes, you’re at her mercy.
“It’s disappointing to start the season with a rainout, but you can’t control the weather.”
Dan Schlieper of
Though the qualifying results were wiped out by the cancellation, Schlieper did receive the $100 All-Pro Trailer Inc. Fast Time Award. In addition, the 2007 360 OTC WoO LMS rules state that because time trials were commenced when weather ended the show, all drivers who entered the program will receive 75 show-up points.
Officials said that all pit passes and general admission tickets purchased for Thursday night’s program can be used for entrance to either the Friday or Saturday cards of the Florida DIRTcar Nationals.
The Florida DIRTcar Nationals will continue on Friday night (Feb. 16) with a doubleheader featuring the $10,000-to-win UMP DIRTcar Racing Late Model finale and a 30-lap Advance Auto Parts Super DIRT Series big-block Modified feature.
Time Trial Results (Position/No./Driver/Hometown/Best Lap):
1. 9-Dan Schlieper/
5. 4-Greg Johnson/
6. 44A-Adam Hensel/Barrow, WI 16.572
8. 19-Tim Fuller/
13. 1D-Ronnie DeHaven Jr./Winchester, VA 16.784
20. 71-Chris Wall/
21. 33H-Chris Hackett/Erie, PA 17.090
23. 21L-Ivedent Lloyd/Ocala, FL 17.124
24. 18K-Brandon Kinzer/Allen, KY 17.138
25. 57J-Bub McCool/Vicksburg, MS 17.142
27. 53-Ray Cook/
28. 99M-Donnie Moran/Dresden, OH 17.214
37. 21d-Dan Stone/Thompson, PA 17.388
41. 4a-Ricky Arms/Moss, TN 17.444
42. 1*-Chub Frank/Sugar Grove, PA 17.475
43. 25K-Rodney Kiker/Greenville, TNn 17.476
44. 28m-Jimmy Mars/Menominee, WI 17.495
45. 28-Eddie Carrier Jr./Salt Rock, WV 17.508
46. 34-Mike Marlar/
49. i4-Damon Eller/Crumpler, NC 17.650
52. 1M-Mike Mataragas/Dekalb, IL 17.663
53. 71-Don O’Neal/
55. 78-Jeff Alsip/
56. 55-Jeep VanWormer/Piconning, MI 17.753
58. 28e-Dennis Erb
59. 7M-Matt Miller/Waterville, OH 17.920
60. 2jJ-Joe Denby/
61. 44h-Dave Hess
62. 3-Austin Dillon/Welcome, NC 18.201
67. 32s-Jeff Smith/Blain, PA 18.359
68. 18H-Ronny Lee Hollingsworth/Northport, Al 18.507
70. 17D-Don Mihelich/Paw Paw, MI 18.693
71. 2-Joe Ramey/
72. 56-Rohn Moon/
75. 5x-Ed Bauman/
77. F9-Frank Ingram/Woodstock, GA 19.120
80. 38-Bob Geiger/
82. 86-Mike Amell/Cincinnati, OH 20.523
88. M14-Kenny Pettyjohn/Millsboro, DE N/T
89. 14K-Kenny Adams/El Paso, IL N/T
LISTEN ONLINE: If fans can’t get to a track to see the series, they can experience the excitement of the 360 OTC World of Outlaws Late Model Series live on DIRTvision.com through the DIRT Radio Network.
To listen to the free audio broadcasts, log on to www.dirtvision.com and click on the DIRT Radio Network logo.
Listeners will need Windows Media Player 9 or higher to listen to the DIRT Radio Network. For technical support or questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 306 OTC World of Outlaws Late Model Series is brought to fans across the country by several sponsors and partners, including Series sponsor 360 OTC pain reliever and contingency sponsors Wrisco Industries, Ohlins Shocks, Quarter-Master, Hawk Brake and Eibach Springs.
Volusia Dirt Car Nationals